Lyrics

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hello again my friends, lovers, ex-wives, drinking buddies & casual acquaintances;

Has it really been ten years since my last solo CD? I’m excited about the new album, and a new tour in the spring, and I look forward to seeing everyone.
Shaun promises we’ll be mixing soon, so the wait is almost over for the new CD. Everyone who’s heard the rough mixes thinks it’s better than “Focus”. We’ve augmented the sound with a fifth piece this time – Juno Award winning violin virtuoso Jesse Zubot contributes his impressive talents, giving the project a rootsier folk vibe than its predecessor. The quintet on the new album includes Zubot, John Kieselhorst (guitar), Brian Newcombe (bass), Don Powrie (drums), and C.W. (keys, harps, vocals).
Once again, I used all local talent in the production in an attempt to soak up as much Pacific North West spirit as possible. I want you to smell the trees. The idea is to paint a picture with words and sounds of a time and a place. The place is here, and the time is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment